- Mario Bialostozky, MD, Lead Mental and Behavioral Health Physician Informaticist, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Jasmine Holt, PsyD, Research Assistant Scientist, Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Kathryn Hollenbach, PhD, MPH, Director Epidemiology and Statistics, Rady Children's Hospital, Associate Adjunct Professor, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Nicole Carr-Lee, PsyD, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Supervisor, Transforming Mental Health, Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA
Background Integrated healthcare delivery with a patient-centered focus can lead to excellent patient outcomes. However, the management of such a program can be complicated by fragmentation of employees and supervisors across large geographic areas. In our program, we embedded therapists employed by our organization into general pediatric clinics across our community. Because employees are working on-site at clinics owned and managed by different organizations, direct supervision as well as tracking of performance can be complicated. We sought to develop a centralized dashboard with automatic data abstraction from the Electronic Health Record which is shared among all practices involved in our program. This allowed us to track not only specific patient outcomes such as changes in PHQ-9 scores but also track resource utilization, clinician productivity, access metrics, among others. Case example In this presentation we will discuss how a management and outcomes dashboard can be used to improve care delivery, what is required to set up a system like the one we are presenting, as well as helping participants come up with metrics that are of particular importance to their program. Hands-on exercise Participants will be guided on an exercise of metric selection and the process by which they would design their program dashboard. Presenters will foster discussion about recommended metrics and provide participants with specific feedback to tailor metrics for their programs. Resources Handouts will be given for examples of program metrics, sample dashboard pages, planning tools.
- Describe the benefits of using a management dashboard for their own programs.
- Identify important metrics for tracking success of their own programs.
- Discuss with stake holders at their organization the next steps required for implementation of a management dashboard.