- Alan Lorenz, MD, Physician, Rochester Institute of Technology, Clinical Associate Professor of Family Medicine & Psychiatry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Christine Runyan, PhD, ABPP, Co-Founder, Tend Health, Framingham, MA
Character is revealed when the stakes are high. Heroes abound. We have all had to step up in ways that were not part of our original arrangement. For some, there has been a great resignation. For others, we have chosen to be part of an epic battle, at times, with some reluctance. This participatory seminar will take time out to acknowledge the concomitant sacrifices, the ambivalence of reluctance, identify core values, and appreciate our heroic character. Using a narrative informed values based exercise there will be the opportunity to share, refine, and direct ourselves along a path of authenticity and integrity.
- Participants will have the opportunity to identify their core values and apprehend the locus of control
- Participants will have the opportunity to share their successes, and mourn their losses in a supportive environment
- Participants will have the opportunity to address burnout and the ambivalence and reluctance associated with additional demands over an extended time