- John Daley, Health Reporter for Colorado Public Radio, Denver, CO
- John McCarthy, Founding Partner, Speire Healthcare Strategies, Nashville, TN
- Marvin Figueroa, Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Resources for Governor Ralph Northam, Richmond, VA
- Leslie Herod, Colorado State Representative, Denver, CO
This fast-paced, multi-media session will bring together policy leaders from around the country to discuss how policy will change within the next 5 years and should change healthcare delivery over the next 20 years.
- To describe healthcare reforms that will be coming in the next 5 years.
- To share a vision of how and health and health care should evolve over the next 20 years.
- To advocate for healthcare reforms in one’s community, state, and nation.
- Winkelman, T.N. & Chang, V.W. J GEN INTERN MED (2018) 33: 376. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-017-4217-5
- Medicaid And Mental Health: Be Careful What You Ask For Richard G. Frank, Howard H. Goldman, and Michael HoganHealth Affairs 2003 22:1, 101-113
- Beth Han, Joe Gfroerer, S. Janet Kuramoto, Mir Ali, Albert M. Woodward, and Judith Teich, 2015:Medicaid Expansion Under the Affordable Care Act: Potential Changes in Receipt of Mental Health Treatment Among Low-Income Nonelderly Adults With Serious Mental Illness American Journal of Public Health 105, 1982_1989,https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2014.302521
- Access And Cost Barriers To Mental Health Care, By Insurance Status, 1999–2010 Kathleen Rowan, Donna D. McAlpine, and Lynn A. BlewettHealth Affairs 2013 32:10, 1723-1730
- Cummings JR, Wen H, Ko M, Druss BG. Geography and the Medicaid Mental Health Care Infrastructure: Implications for Health Care Reform. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013;70(10):1084–1090. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2013.377