Hope Family Health Center, a charitable clinic in McAllen, Texas, implemented a randomized control trial of is integrated behavioral health model aimed at improving physical and mental health in an underserved population living at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. This presentation focuses on findings from study participants and program staff on the implementation of the model. The study also revealed participants were more likely to improve health outcomes after 12 months compared to patients who received the standard of care.
- Identify major facilitators to implementing a successful, research study in a charitable clinic setting.
- At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be List lessons learned in implementing a study of an integrated behavioral health mode with volunteer providers.
- Identify factors that may contribute to improved depressive symptoms for individuals who are low-income or uninsured living in the border region of southern Texas.
- Cohen, D. J., Balasubramanian, B. A., Davis, M., Hall, J., Gunn, R., Stange, K. C., "¦ Miller, B. F. (2015). Understanding Care Integration from the Ground Up: Five Organizing Constructs that Shape Integrated Practices. Journal Of The American Board Of Family Medicine: JABFM, 28 Suppl 1, S7-S20. https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2015.S1.150050
- Camacho, Á
- Zhong, Q., Gelaye, B., Fann, J. R., Sanchez, S. E., & Williams, M. A. (2014). Cross-cultural validity of the Spanish version of PHQ-9 among pregnant Peruvian women: a Rasch item response theory analysis. Journal of Affective Disorders, 158, 148-153. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2014.02.012
- Bedoya, C. A., Traeger, L., Trinh, N.-H. T., Chang, T. E., Brill, C. D., Hails, K., "¦ Yeung, A. (2014). Impact of a Culturally Focused Psychiatric Consultation on Depressive Symptoms Among Latinos in Primary Care. Psychiatric Services. Retrieved from http://ps.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ps.201300088?journalCode=ps
- Sumlin, L. L., Garcia, T. J., Brown, S. A., Winter, M. A., García, A. A., Brown, A., & Cuevas, H. E. (2014). Depression and adherence to lifestyle changes in type 2 diabetes: a systematic review. The Diabetes Educator, 40(6), 731-44. http://doi.org/10.