- Sherri Sharp, PhD, Vice-President of Behavioral Health, Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs, CO
- Mindy Tygar-Boyd, LCSW, Behavioral Health Provider, Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs, CO
- Sarah Brown, PhD, Behavioral Health Director, Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs, CO
- Richard Leensvaart, DDS, VP of Dental Services, Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs, CO
In an effort to increase much needed access, we work to the idea that there is no wrong door to access services. This multi-site FQHC has integrated medical, dental, and behavioral health to provide optimal whole-person care and strengthen services to meet the complex social needs of our community. As we know, the mouth is the “gateway to the body.”However, most dental providers are not trained in an integrated care approach. This presentation will walk the audience through the steps of how to develop and implement team-based dental services. We will describe workflows and address potential obstacles to success. Our journey to implementation across three years of grant funding allowed for 1694 unique patients to be seen to date by Behavioral Health and subsequently services rolled out into additional clinics with increased levels of integration between medical, dental, and behavioral health. Get motivated with practical tools to guide innovation!
- Describe program implementation in this FQHC.
- Identify obstacles and tips for success.
- Discuss how to apply to your own setting.