Attendees will learn about Whole Health patient-driven care, where what patients value regarding their health and well-being is the focus of care. Attendees will learn how technology, by use of video connect or clinical video telehealth, can assist patients in reaching these goals. Attendees will learn some of the benefits of using technology to introduce a holistic approach to healthcare and self-management of chronic health conditions, such as chronic pain. Attendees will learn some of the benefits of using technology to provide healthcare interventions to patients who would otherwise encounter barriers to care.
- Identify and discuss some of the benefits and challenges in providing patient care using advanced technology. List considerations and exclusions for providing healthcare via advanced technology.
- Define the whole health, and discuss holistic approach to management of chronic illness, such as chronic pain management, outside of a traditional office visit
- Identify and discuss the difference between traditional healthcare from a medical-model versus a patient centered model of care.
- Whole Health for Life: Components of Proactive Health and Well-Being. www.va.gov/patientcenteredcare
- Using Technology in Mental Health Practice. Magnavita, Jeffery J (April 2018).
- A Practitioner's Guide to Telemental Health: How to Conduct Legal, Ethical, & Evidence-Based Telepractice. Luxton, D.D, Nelson, E., & Maheu, M.M. (2016).
- Whole Health Action Management Peer Support Training. SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions. www.integration.samhsa.gov
- The Opioid Crisis:Changing Habits and Improving Pain Management. Institute for Healthcare Improvement (January 2018). www.ihi.org