- Jason Herndon, PhD, Senior Manager, Clinical Training, Brightline, Palo Alto, CA
- Alexander Blount, Ed.D., President, Integrated Primary Care, Inc., Amherst, MA
- Elle Markman, PsyD, MPH, National Co-Director, Integrated Behavioral Health, One Medical, Philadelphia, PA
So we have a healthcare marketplace that is increasingly seeing the wisdom of integrated care delivery but is academic training keeping pace with the demand for workers? What do we need to reconfigure academic training so that we produce medical and behavioral health professionals ready for integrated care work? And how do we incorporate training for community health workers, peer support specialists and others who are part of the “social” of biopsychosocial? This plenary will be a call to action to transform the academic workforce pipeline and highlight exemplars of changes that are already in place.
- To identify best practices for engaging academic partners in training for primary care behavioral health
- To underscore the urgency of reducing the strain on the current workforce by opening up the pipeline to trainees
- To identify the core challenges that remain with fully engaging academic training to develop a robust workforce for primary care behavioral health.