- Robyn Shepardson, PhD, Clinical Research Psychologist, VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse, NY
- Jennifer Funderburk, PhD, Clinical Research Psychologist, VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse, NY
- Nadiya Sunderji, MD, MPH, Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Christina Studts, PhD, LCSW, Associate Professor, Department of Health, Behavior & Society, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY
- Jodi Polaha, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Division of Primary Care Research, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
Do you need help determining appropriate measures and feasible data collection methods for program evaluations within integrated primary care? In this 3-hour preconference workshop, leaders from CFHA’s Research & Evaluation Committee and Families, Systems, & Health journal will provide practical training in conducting rigorous program evaluations. This workshop will help you identify appropriate measures to answer your key questions as well as data collection methods that balance quality and feasibility. This workshop is designed for those who are planning, conducting, or revising a program evaluation, as attendees will apply the material to their own personal projects within interactive small groups.
- List common measures in integrated primary care research and evaluation at the levels of patient/family, provider, program, and population/system
- Select appropriate measures for use in their own program evaluation
- • Describe advantages and disadvantages of various methods of collecting program evaluation data• Identify a feasible strategy for collecting their program evaluation data
- Funderburk, J. S., & Shepardson, R. L. (2017). Real-world program evaluation of integrated behavioral health care: Improving scientific rigor. Families, Systems, & Health, 35, 114-124. doi:10.1037/fsh0000253
- Peek, C. J., Cohen, D. J., & deGruy, F. V. (2014). Research and evaluation in the transformation of primary care. American Psychologist, 69, 430442. doi:10.1037/a0036223
- Peikes, D., Taylor, E., Genevro, J., & Meyers, D. (2014) A guide to real-world evaluations of primary care interventions: Some practical advice. Retrieved on 14 February 2019.
- Smith, J. D., & Polaha, J. (2017). Using implementation science to guide the integration of evidence-based family interventions into primary care. Families, Systems, & Health, 35, 125-135. doi:10.1037/fsh0000252
- Sunderji, N., Ion, A., Ghavam-Rassoul, A., Abate, A. (2017). Evaluating the implementation of integrated mental health care: A systematic review to guide the development of quality measures. Psychiatric Services, 68, 891-898. doi:10.1176/appi.ps.201600464