- Julie Geiler, Technical Assistance Associate and Policy Coordinator, Collaborative Family Healthcare Association, Cincinnati, OH
- Eboni Winford, PhD, MPH, Director of Research and Health Equity; BHC, Cherokee Health Systems, Knoxville, TN
This session will build on the Conference Podcast to help CFHA members develop skills in policy and advocacy efforts to support integration of behavioral health. This interactive session will help you identify concrete steps you can take to advocate for patients and your work locally and within your state. You’ll learn to refine your elevator speech, identify partnership opportunities and what you need to know to be an effective advocate.
- Be able to identify 4 needed levers public policy change
- Be able to identify levers you can pull locally to advocate for change
- Be able to identify resources to learn more about policy and advocacy
- Refine your elevator pitch