- Jodi Polaha, PhD, Professor, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
- Jennifer Funderburk, PhD, Clinical Research Psychologist, VA Center for Integrated Healthcare Syracuse VA Medical Center, Syracuse, NY
- Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH, Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Center for Integrated Primary Care, Worcester, MA
- Ian Bennett, MD, PhD, Professor, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Publishing work in a peer-reviewed journal disseminates ideas widely and can contribute to the evolution of the field. This interactive workshop, facilitated by the Co-Editors, will engage researchers in co-producing impactful research for publication in Families, Systems, & Health. We will define the opportunity to advance integrated care science through the journal, share exemplars that highlight the journal’s strategic direction, distill themes the editors have encountered in handling submissions from experienced authors, and identify practical strategies for success. Participants will workshop one manuscript that they are working on (which may be at any stage of development) that they might shape for submission to FSH. Finally, they will also have an opportunity to provide the Co-Editors feedback on what would make FSH their journal of choice for disseminating leading edge research on effective integrated care interventions.
- Engage with a collegial community of Co-Editors and other academics in co-producing impactful research for publication in Families, Systems, & Health.
- Describe common pitfalls that experienced authors encounter during the peer review process and identify strategies for successful publication.
- Tailor and advance a manuscript they are working on for potential publication in FSH.