- J.D. Smith, PhD, Associate Professor, Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Jodi Polaha, PhD, Professor/Director, Institute for Integrated Behavioral Health, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
- Robyn Shepardson, PhD, Clinical Research Psychologist, VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse, NY
- Jennifer Funderburk, PhD, Clinical Research Psychologist, VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse, NY
Evaluating evidence-based interventions in the complex and dynamic real-world of health care presents significant challenges. In this advanced research workshop, participants will learn how the latest methods from implementation science can help them design more sophisticated and exacting studies in health care settings. Dr. JD Smith, a national expert in implementation science and Associate Editor for Families, Systems, & Health, will present three key innovative tools/methods to improve the rigor of research by specifying mechanisms of change, tracking implementation strategies, and engaging stakeholders. The format will include presentation of tools with examples and opportunities to workshop ideas and ask questions.
- Use the Implementation Research Logic Model to plan an implementation study.
- Effectively track the necessary strategy details and modifications to understand the process and impact of an implementation effort.
- Engage diverse stakeholders in a rigorous process for selecting implementation strategies.