- Maribeth Wicoff, PhD, Licensed Psychologist, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Cody Hostutler, PhD, Pediatric Primary Care Psychologist, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Jeffrey Shahidullah, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, The University of Texas at Austin; Pediatric Psychologist, Dell Children’s Medical Center Center
- Jessica Sevecke-Hanrahan, PhD, Licensed Psychologist, Associate Psychologist- Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
- Michelle Swanger-Gagne, PhD, Licensed Psychologist/Assistant Professor in Psychiatry and Pediatrics University of Rochester Medical Center Rochester, NY
- Rachel Petts, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, Assistant Professor of Psychology, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- Matthew Tolliver, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics/Assistant Director of the Institute for Integrated Behavioral Health, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN.
- Tawnya Meadows, PhD, BCBA-D, Director of Peds PCBH, Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a significant shift in providing team-based patient health care such that telehealth has become an increasing presence in providing care to children and families. Interactive strategies for introducing and applying behavioral health concepts to children and families via telehealth will be presented and how these lessons can be used to strengthen pediatric integrated care models in the future. The presenters will discuss how they have overcome the challenges of team-based care during the pandemic. Effective strategies to engage in collaboration with schools and medical teams will also be reviewed.
- Effectively assess behavioral health concerns and provide evidence-informed interventions through telehealth
- Engage in team-based care while providing telehealth services (i.e., with medical providers, schools, community providers)
- List 3 strategies to enhance the interactive nature of telehealth