In large part due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent racial reckoning, decision-makes and the general public are increasingly demanding more access to culturally-responsive behavioral health care. CFHA’ers are masters at creating on-demand behavioral health services where most people receive care – primary care. It is time for CFHA’ers to raise our collective voice in policy discussions to ensure decision-makers understand and appreciate what we do. Join us to learn about advocacy work and how to do it. We will explore what drives us. We will learn how to craft our integrated care stories in order to uplift our work in primary care as the powerful, lean and culturally-responsive health solution it is!
Topics Include:Getting Involved in Advocacy
Our “Why’s” for Integrated Care Policy
Influencing with Heart: Our Integrated Care Stories Power Our Advocacy
What Went Well? What More Would Help You Develop as an Influencer for Integrated Care?
- Define policy, advocacy, and lobbying.
- Describe levels of advocacy and ways to become involved in advocacy.
- Explore & identify the "why's" of self & others before we influence together.
- Apply core concepts of narrative leadership in your advocacy work
- Craft a "Story of Self" that will inspire others to join causes important to you. Learn about "Story of Us" and how to continue developing narrative leadership skills for policy influencing work