- Kaitlin Boger, EdD, LMSW, LMAC- Director of Integrated Care, Hunter Health, Wichita, KS
- Ben Benson, LMSW, LMAC, Integrated Care Consultant, Hunter Health, Wichita, KS
The audience will learn how to apply standard integrated care practices to the precariously housed population. This will include how to adapt the integrated care model utilized by HH to patients who have precarious housing of many forms. Case Studies will be utilized to ensure participation and solution focused options to provide care. This topic will focus on socioeconomic inequities and how Hunter Health (an FQHC/IHS Clinic) works to address these with individuals patients and the community. The target audience is those familiar with integrated care looking to apply the model to individuals experiencing homelessness and how to provide best care.
- Describe Integrated Care techniques that could be utilized with the precariously housed population
- Participate in Two Case Studies to determine options to provide brief integrated care for patients
- Identify social determinants of health that cause poor primary care outcomes for individuals who are precariously housed