- Ryan Laschober, MD, Assistant Program Director, Editor-in-Chief, Waco Family Medicine Residency, Waco, TX|Zach Sartor, MD, Faculty, Associate Editor, Waco Family Medicine Residency, Waco, TX|Lance Kelley, PHD, Director of Primary Care Mental Health, Associate Editor, Waco Family Medicine Residency, Waco, TX
- Alana Holt, BSN, MD, FRCPC, Psychiatrist, Clinical Practice Lead, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada|Kyle Schwartz, BSW, MSW, RSW. Social Worker, Student Wellness Centre, University of Saskatchewan
- Lance Kelley, PhD, Director of Behavioral Health, Waco Family Medicine, Waco, TX
The Waco Family Medicine Residency Program, in consultation with faculty of the Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Academy, has created The Waco Guide to Psychopharmacology in Primary Care (wacoguide.org). This collection of psychopharmacology decision support tools combines top level evidence and expert opinion with real world primary care practice. The Waco Guide to Psychopharmacology in Primary Care is a free resource intended for use in communities where the mental health need has outpaced psychiatric specialty resources. These decision support tools succinctly reflect standard and advanced primary care mental health practices in adult, pediatric, perinatal, and substance use disorder psychopharmacology in order to maximize in office usability. The Waco Guide brings cutting edge psychopharmacology guidance in to every exam room, especially to our communities operating on the fridge of our behavioral health system.
- Acknowledge decision support tools as a unique avenue of combining evidence, guideline, expert opinion, and primary care.
- Consider other areas of medicine where the development of primary care focused decision support tools may be beneficial.
- Consider incorporating the Waco Guide to Psychopharmacology in Primary Care in delivering mental health care when psychiatric support is limited in