- Larry Mauksch, MEd, Emeritus Professor of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Helen Royal, CEO, Summit Community Care Clinic, Frisco, CO
- Clarissa Marie Aguilar, PhD, Behavioral Health Consultant, The Center for Health Care Services, San Antonio, TX
- Ben Miller, PsyD, Chief Strategy Officer, Well Being Trust, Denver, CO
- Alexandra Hulst, PhD, LMFT, Integrated Behavioral Health Advisor, Rocky Mountain Health Plans, Grand Junction, CO
- Michael Olson, PhD, Behavioral Medicine Faculty, SCL Health, St. Mary’s Hospital, Family Medicine Residency, Grand Junction, CO
- Barbara Martin, RN, MSN, ACNP-BC, MPH, University of Colorado, Dept. of Family Medicine, Aurora, CO, and Former Director, Colorado State Innovation Model, Denver, CO
- Michael Talamantes, Chair, SIM Work-Force Committee, Denver, CO
- Susan McDaniel, Associate Chair of Family Medicine at University of Rochester, Founder of CFHA, Founder of Medical Family Therapy, past president of APA, Rochester, NY
The State of Colorado set the audacious goal of building an infrastructure to ensure that 80% of Coloradans have access to integrated primary care by 2019. Through sharing narratives and outcome metrics, this session will demonstrate the outcomes of the initiative and the stories behind its development.
The overall vision for this session is that about 2/3 of it will tell the story of integrated behavioral health services in Colorado and the other 1/3 will be from 2 well known discussants who react to the story and frame it within the larger context of the growth of integration nationwide. The story-telling will be short, highly evocative narratives (5 minutes each, 10 minutes for SIM narrative) that use multi-media to increase the impact. We will work closely with the presenters to write the narratives and to create a central metaphor and images to create a coherent, holistic production.
• Marillac Clinic (1999)
• Advancing Colorado’s Mental Health Care (2003)
• CFHA’s Role in Colorado (2006)
• Role of University of Colorado Family Medicine (2008)
• CO-EARTH (2013)
• SIM (2014)
- Describe the developmental process for building integrated care at a statewide level.
- Lay the groundwork for integrating a community’s healthcare system.
- Convene key partners for applying for and enacting a federal integrated care initiative
- MAUKSCH, LARRY B., et al. "Mental Illness, Functional Impairment, and Patient Preferences for Collaborative Care in an Uninsured, Primary Care Population." Journal of Family Practice, Jan. 2001, p. 41. Academic OneFile, Accessed 16 June 2019.
- Clark KD, Miller BF, Green LA, deGruy FV, Davis M, Cohen DJ. Implementation of behavioral health interventions in real world scenarios: managing complex change. Family Systems and Health 2017;35:36-45.