- Stephanie Kirchner, MSPH, RD, Practice Transformation Program Manager, University of Colorado, Dept. of Family Medicine, Denver, CO
- Kyle Knierim, MD, Assistant Professor, University of Colorado, Department of Family Medicine, Aurora, CO
- Barbara Martin, RN, MSN, ACNP-BC, MPH, University of Colorado, Dept. of Family Medicine, Aurora, CO, and Former Director, Colorado State Innovation Model, Denver, CO
- Heather Stocker, MA, Project Manager, Practice Innovation Program at University of Colorado, Denver, CO
This presentation will share the milestones, Implementation Guide and parallel assessments from the Colorado State Innovation Model with practitioners and system leaders interested in understanding programmatic implementation tools for integrating behavioral health and primary care. Assessment results will be shared to demonstrate how provision of a roadmap with concrete practice milestones that can be translated to multiple settings (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, systems, FQHCs, small independent practices) to support systematic movement towards increased access to behavioral health services across the state.
- Describe the milestones and accompanying tools that Colorado SIM used to support behavioral health integration in primary care.
- Describe how these milestones can be used to train and develop primary care and behavioral health workforce to more effectively work together in integrated settings.
- Describe how providing a framework for measuring progress towards integration is beneficial to teams working in integrated settings.
- Bodenheimer T, Ghorob A, Willard-Grace R, Grumbach K. The 10 building blocks of high-performing primary care. Annals of family medicine. 2014;12(2):166-171.
- Hall J, Cohen DJ, Davis M, et al. Preparing the Workforce for Behavioral Health and Primary Care Integration. The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2015;28(Supplement 1):S41-S51.
- Miller BF, Gilchrist EC, Ross KM, Wong SL, Green LA. Creating a Culture of Whole Health: Recommendations for Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care. Eugene S. Farley, Jr. Health Policy Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine 2016.
- Buscaj E, Hall T, Montgomery L, et al. Practice Facilitation for PCMH Implementation in Residency Practices. Family medicine. 2016;48(10):795-800
- Ratzliff A, Phillips KE, Sugarman JR, Unutzer J, Wagner EH. Practical Approaches for Achieving Integrated Behavioral Health Care in Primary Care Settings. American journal of medical quality : the official journal of the American College of Medical Qualit