- Joan Fleishman, PsyD, Behavioral Health Clinical Director, Oregon Health & Science University, Department of Family Medicine, Portland, OR
- Neftali Serrano, PsyD, Executive Director, Collaborative Family Healthcare Association, Chapel Hill, NC
- Beth Zeidler Schreiter, PsyD, Chief Behavioral Health Officer, Access Community Health Centers, Clinical Adjunct Faculty University of Wisconsin School of Public Health, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Madison, WI
- Brian Sandoval, PsyD, Director, Primary Care Behavioral Health, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Portland, OR
- Shay Stacer, PhD, Integrated Behavioral Health Director, North Bend Medical Center, Coos Bay, OR
If you are a Behavioral Health Director/ Leader who would benefit from dedicated time to working on your career development, this is the session for you! Behavioral Health Directors/ Leaders of integrated programs in primary care have unique challenges that require a broad skill set and require balancing clinical work, leadership, personnel management, finances, and administration. This session will create a safe space to discuss these challenges and offer strategies and support to make this work sustainable, rewarding, and fun!
- Employ root cause analysis to identify one pain point of your work as a BH director and create an action plan to address this issue and incorporate a new strategy for managing administrative and clinical demands
- Identify key values as a leader and create a professional development plan to align values and professional goals to achieve “big dreams”
- Cultivate peer mentoring relationships and learn the first steps to building a peer learning community targeting behavioral health leaders • Strategize and design methods to enhance retention and combat burnout in clinical teams
- Serrano, N. (Ed.) (2014). The Implementer's Guide To Primary Care Behavioral Health. Retrieved from: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/implementers-guide-toprimary/id833906873?mt=11
- Trastek, V.T., Hamilton, N.W., & Niles, BS, E.E. (2014). Leadership Models in Health Cared: A Case for Servant Leadership. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 89(3):374-381. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mayocp.2013.10.012
- Stewart D. Friedman (2008). Total Leadership: Be a Better Leader, Have a Richer Life. Boston: Harvard Business Press.
- Sudano, L. E., Patterson, J. E., & Lister, Z. D. (2015). Training for teamwork: A case study. Families, Systems, & Health, 33(3), 262-269. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/fsh0000152
- Johnson, S. (2008). Personal Productivity: How to work efficiently and calmly in the mist of chaos. Originally Published in Academic Physician & Scientist, 2004-2007.