The Premier Conference For The Integration of Behavioral Health & Medicine
Key Dates & Logistics Information
Registration is open!
Conference occurs on Oct. 17-19, 2019 (with a post-conference event on Sunday the 20th until 3 PM)
The first day of the conference has Extended Learning Opportunities which you can select upon registration. The first plenary session occurs on Thursday evening with breakout sessions throughout the day on Friday and Saturday.
There is a post-conference event for those interested in the PCBH model.
Lodging: Sheraton Downtown Denver, 1550 Court Place, Denver, CO 80202
Continuing Education Info, Click Here (22 AMA PRA Cat 1; 22 APA)
A Conference Centered On Workforce Development For All Members of The Care Team
Training Generations. Increasingly, the need for a highly trained workforce is the bottleneck that limits the rate of growth in integrated care efforts. This conference will meet those needs by preparing early career professionals for team-based care, by assisting mid-career professionals in repurposing their skills for primary care, and by engaging senior leaders in advocacy and mentorship. With up to 20 CEs available for most professionals this conference is a unique training opportunity. We will also focus on clinician wellness for all stages of professional development.
Multiple Generations. CFHA was founded on the recognition that health care is inherently multigenerational. At CFHA, family is at the heart of health care, and the conference will equip you with skills for providing integrated behavioral health services that embrace individual patients, their families, and their communities.
Denver is the perfect crossroads for this conference at this time. Colorado is finishing a 3 year federally-funded initiative to ensure that 80% of Coloradans have integrated behavioral health services in their primary care office. Colorado boast several universities and training programs at the vanguard of training for integration. Denver is a city hopping with the energy of youth.
More than 700 attendees from all guild groups (eg. family medicine, social work, psychology, marriage & family etc.) and stakeholders (eg. foundations, payers) are expected to attend the 2019 CFHA Conference in downtown Denver, Colorado.
Earn Up To 22 Continuing Education Credits!
A Wealth of Opportunities
- Extended Learning Opportunities: Long format training held on the Thursday prior to opening plenary.
- Plenary Sessions: Our large group sessions focus on big picture topics in the world of healthcare. Check them out!
- Concurrent Sessions: Our small group sessions help you dig deeper into key topics. Check out our session selection here or view the schedule.
- Who Should Come? Anyone in settings such as primary care, specialty care settings, hospital care, private and university research settings, specialty mental health, payer and advocacy groups, policy think tanks and foundations.
Community, Content & Consultation: CFHA Leads The Way
CFHA is a 501c3 not-for-profit member association that provides a community for all healthcare guilds and stakeholders, expert content on integrated care and technical assistance support to promote the proliferation of integrated care projects nationally. We are a 20+ year old association whose conference has become the marquee integrated care event of the year. For more, click here.
If you would like to see a CFHA conference in your city/ region, click here!
Our Mission: CFHA supports healthcare professionals in integrating physical and behavioral health.
Our Vision: All healthcare teams provide patients and families an optimal and fully integrated experience in the pursuit of health and healing.
Our Values: CFHA envisions seamless collaboration between psychosocial, biomedical and all other healthcare providers and views patients and families as equal partners in the healthcare process. CFHA values…
all stakeholders • supporting the development of Early Career Professionals • a culture of shared learning • diversity and equity • systems thinking • social justice • the scientific process to acquire and disseminate evidence • innovation • community • the Quadruple Aim • high quality products to the field
Top 7 Reasons You Should Attend
- Great CME content (earn up to 22 AMA PRA Cat 1 credits) to help you build your integrated care teams.
- Learn practical skills to manage an integrated care team as a leader & improve efficiency in your clinic
- Enhance skills in working with patients with medically unexplained symptoms
- Improve soft skills like connecting with patients and leading a team that they didn’t teach you in medical school
- Network with colleagues across all disciplines to develop lasting relationships.
- Bring the latest innovations in integrated care back to your home clinic/system!
- Denver has great beer!
Medical Provider Content Sample
- Preparing Physicians to Practice Integrated Behavioral Health: A Pilot Study for Competency-Based Curriculum
- Turning the Queen Mary: or How a System Supported Psychiatry’s Partnership with Primary Care
- Putting the “Family” Back into Family Medicine Resident Education: Four Pragmatic Methods