- Jeanette Waxmonsky, PhD, VP Integrated Care, New Directions Behavioral Healthcare & Associate Professor University of Colorado Dept. of Family Medicine, Aurora, CO
- Shannon Tyson, MD, Assistant Medical Director, Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Wheat Ridge, CO
- Tatiane Santos, PhD, Instructor and Health Economist, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO
- Megan Swenson, LPC, LAC, Director Integrated Care, New Directions Behavioral Healthcare, Overland Park, KS
- MaryAnn Shiltz, PNP, STRIDE, Lakewood, CO
This presentation describes the Jefferson Plaza Family Health Home model which offers preventative physical and behavioral healthcare to the entire family in one location. An evaluation of clinical, operational, and economic components are presented. The outcomes explored in this presentation are instrumental in describing the impact this type of care delivery has on the population it serves. The challenges and future directions of this clinic seek to contribute to the growing body of knowledge around health home implementation, design, and sustainability. The wholistic approach of health homes may offer an opportunity to transform the healthcare system and advance the public health impact of the primary care setting.
- Describe an integrated care model for families.
- Define clinical outcomes for an integrated care model for families
- Identify economic data for evaluating sustainability for an integrated care family health home model.